What Is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow can be a little confusing to be explain, as it has so many different use cases.
So let’s dive into what it is, what customers are using it for, and the different types of jobs that are available.
ServiceNow is a software platform that provides IT service management (ITSM) and digital workflows to manage and automate various workflows and processes.
It is used by organizations to improve the efficiency of their internal operations and to provide better service to their customers.
ServiceNow provides a range of tools and features, including incident management, problem management, change management, and service catalog management.
Think of ServiceNow as a platform, that many different applications can be built upon.
Once a ServiceNow customer implements the software, they can customize it to their own business needs. No two ServiceNow environments are exactly alike.
It is designed to be flexible and scalable, and can be customized to meet the specific needs of an organization.
ServiceNow And It’s Impact In The IT Industry
The ServiceNow platform has had a significant impact on the field of IT service management. It is widely used by organizations to manage their IT operations and has become a leading solution in the ITSM market.
One of the key benefits of the ServiceNow platform is its ability to automate many of the manual processes that are typically associated with ITSM, which can help organizations to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Additionally, ServiceNow provides a range of tools and features that are specifically designed to support the ITIL framework, which is a widely-adopted set of best practices for ITSM.
Overall, the ServiceNow platform is seen as a key tool for organizations that are looking to improve the way that they manage their IT services and support their customers.
Who Are Competitors To ServiceNow?
There are a number of companies that compete with ServiceNow in the market for IT service management software. Some of the main competitors to ServiceNow include:
- BMC Remedy: This is a suite of IT service management tools that is offered by BMC Software. It provides a range of features for incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Cherwell Service Management: This is a cloud-based IT service management platform that offers a range of tools for incident management, problem management, and service catalog management.
- Freshservice: This is a cloud-based IT service management platform that is designed to be easy to use and offers a range of features for incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Zendesk: This is a customer service platform that also offers some tools for IT service management, including incident management and problem management.
There are many other companies that offer IT service management software as well, and the specific competitors to ServiceNow will depend on the specific needs and requirements of an organization.
Is ServiceNow A Good Career?
Obviously we’re pretty biased here, but take a look at the landscape.
ServiceNow can be a good career choice for individuals who are interested in working in the field of IT service management and are looking for a company that is growing rapidly and has a strong market presence. ServiceNow has a wide range of job opportunities available, including roles in sales, marketing, consulting, and product development. The company is known for offering a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, and employees have the opportunity to work on challenging and interesting projects.
In addition, ServiceNow is a well-respected and successful company, and having experience with their platform can be a valuable asset for your career. It can also be beneficial to become certified in ServiceNow, as this can help to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise to potential employers.
Overall, pursuing a career with ServiceNow can be a good choice for individuals who are interested in working in the field of IT service management and are looking to join a successful and dynamic company.
What Jobs Are Available With ServiceNow?
Looking to break into the ServiceNow field?
There has never been a better time to do so!
There are a wide range of job opportunities available at ServiceNow, and the specific roles that are available will depend on the needs and requirements of the company at any given time.
Here are a few examples of the types of jobs that people can have at ServiceNow:
- Sales: ServiceNow has a sales team that is responsible for selling the company’s products and services to organizations around the world. This team includes sales representatives, sales managers, and sales executives.
- Marketing: ServiceNow has a marketing team that is responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and generating demand for them. This team includes marketing professionals, content writers, and social media specialists.
- Consulting: ServiceNow has a team of consultants who work with clients to understand their specific needs and help them to implement and customize the ServiceNow platform. This team includes consultants with expertise in a range of areas, such as incident management, problem management, and change management.
- Product development: ServiceNow has a team of product developers who are responsible for designing and building new features and capabilities for the ServiceNow platform. This team includes software engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Customer support: ServiceNow has a team of customer support professionals who are responsible for helping customers to resolve any issues or questions they have about the ServiceNow platform. This team includes support representatives, support managers, and technical support specialists.